Installation problems

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Archet

Installation problems

Post by Archet »

Hi, I have downloaded version 6.01.01 for Windows 64 bits.
When I try to install it, I get repeatedly a message asking to choose a temporary installation directory. Actually it uses this directory (I can see that it creates two subdirectories into it) but then it keeps asking the same question indefinitely.
On the same computer I have already installed CMap Tools version 5.05.01 that is working normally.

I have got windows 7 pro 64 bits with 8 GB RAM.

Thanks for any help
marroyo

Re: Installation problems

Post by marroyo »

This message is typically associated with a corrupt installer or a corrupt file in the Windows temp folder that conflicts with InstallAnywhere.

Please empty the Windows temp folders: c:\temp, c:\windows\temp, c:\winnt\temp, c:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Temp, and c:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp, and download the installer again.