Can`t install

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
maaxxxim

Can`t install

Post by maaxxxim »

Greetings!

InstallAnywhere gets to 100% and then just closes and nothing happens, I tried to download it again but that didn`t solve the problem. I also tried to download it from here (and the beta version): ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/ with no luck.

I had Cmaps on my PC before, one day it stopped working (it just didn`t open , no error message, no nothing) so I tried to re-install and now I have this problem.

I use Windows 7 64-bits.

Thanks!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Can`t install

Post by cmapadmin »

Are you sure you downloaded the 64-bit version of CmapTools? Has the installer generated a log file?
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

Yes, I downloaded the 64-bit version. And no, no log files.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Did you manually remove the previous version? It could be that the installer has a problem removing it. You can remove it safely, as long as you don't remove My Cmaps.
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

I think I removed all Cmaps-related folders and still it doesn`t work.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

So the installer does not mention that its trying to remove a previous version? There is not IHMC CmapTools folder under Program Files?
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

No, the installer closes itself as soon it reaches 100% . And no, there is no folder with that name.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Are you sure you have permissions to create a folder under the Program Files directory?
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

Yes, I`m also running the installer as administrator, and I also tried compatibility mode.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Try downloading the 32-bit version...