Large font in Views

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dianewold

Large font in Views

Post by dianewold »

cmap tools version: 6.01.01
operating system: Windows 10
I recently reinstalled cmap tools after laptop repairs. The Views (the menu from which I select cmaps I want to work on) now uses a font size so large that lines overlap and are fairly illegible.
I haven't figured out what setting would correct this problem, which didn't exist before the reinstall.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Large font in Views

Post by cmapadmin »

Exactly the same laptop? Does it have an HiDPI screen?
dianewold

Post by dianewold »

The same laptop, though I'm not exactly sure what they did to fix it.
The laptop has a high definition screen, but I have set the resolution down to 1920x1080. I have a second monitor with the same resolution. The font in Views appears the same on both.
The concept maps themselves look fine, though the zoom setting at the top of the window shows "100" in the same large font.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

The issue has to do with the High Resolution screen in Windows and Linux and programs in Java that use Swing, which CmapTools uses. Its a documented bug in Java, not in CmapTools

To clarify: you were using Windows 10 and it worked ok. After the re-install, same version of Windows, you started getting problems?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We've confirmed this is a Java bug, not a CmapTools bug. Unfortunately Oracle will not fix this bug in Java 9, which is scheduled to be released in March 2017. As soon as we have a stable build from an early release of Java 9 we will make it available for users who have this issue with High DPI screens under Windows.
etinin

Post by etinin »

With my Macbook Pro, I was able to get HiDPI to work properly with Swing applications adding the -J-Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=true switch.
Haven't tested it with CmapTools, though, since I only use it on Mac OS X.

https://jaxenter.com/netbeans/hidpi-wit ... d-netbeans
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

etinin, you mean on a MacBook Pro running Windows 10?
etinin

Post by etinin »

Yeah, I have Windows 10 installed on dual boot with Mac OS X. Tried that when I needed to run some Windows-only environment with Netbeans.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We've tested it with Boot Camp. Seems to work better than on some other laptops. But the solution will come with Java 9.