change style palette size

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
markhuang

change style palette size

Post by markhuang »

Hi there,

After I installed Cmap Tools 6.0.2 on my Windows 10 notebook which has 13.3 screen. I found out that the detail of style palette was too small. I hardly see what it said and what is those icons. Is that any possible way to make it larger for both fonts and icons?

Thanks in advanced.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: change style palette size

Post by cmapadmin »

This is a bug with Java running under Windows 10. Its expected to be fixed with the next release of Java -- it is not a CmapTools problem. Reported in the CmapTools Known Issues:

http://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmaptools-known-issues
markhuang

Post by markhuang »

Dear Sir,

Very appreciate your reply. Read the URL you post and I'd like to bother you 2 more minutes. The problem I have is the size of that style panel is too small but not the fonts in the map. Plz take a look at the screenshot.

Thanks for the info.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, its a problem with Java and high-resolution screens under Windows 10. Its supposed to be fixed in the next release of Java, schedule in January.
Zapp

Post by Zapp »

cmrapadmin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:32 am Yes, its a problem with Java and high-resolution screens under Windows 10. Its supposed to be fixed in the scidacreview.org wartrol review next release of Java, schedule in January.
Looking forward to the fix as that box is very small.
Last edited by Zapp on Fri May 12, 2017 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Some users have been testing changing the display resolution.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Our testing shows that with a recent Windows 10 update the problem seems to be fixed. Please check it out and let us know.

You need to be running:

Windows 10 version 1607
October 11, 2016
KB3194798
OS Build 14393

To check your OS build number, run the command: "systeminfo" from the command prompt, the third line must say:

OS Version: 10.0.14393 N / A Build 14393