sync editing prob: looses focus

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

sync editing prob: looses focus

Post by dgroos »

Howdy,
I'm finding my students are having more of a challenge doing the synchronous editing. When I'm walking around helping students concept map I may run across 3-5 students not being able to type into or delete an object (eg node, linking phrase, line). I believe this problem is called, "loosing focus". I have students try saving, click on then click off, but that doesn't help, in the end they have to close the cmap file and re-open/re-join. Sometimes the problem is worse and logging out/logging back in is required. Sometimes the computer becomes unresponsive and the students have to restart the computer. This doesn't happen with Firefox but we aren't synchronously editing on firefox either!

We're using CmapTools 6.02 on Ubuntu 14.04
Any ideas?
Thanks,
David G