At what pixels per inch will I run into HiDPI issues?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Rock139

At what pixels per inch will I run into HiDPI issues?

Post by Rock139 »

I downloaded Cmap Tools on a Surface Pro 4 with 2736x1824 resolution on a 12.3" inch display, which had 267 pixels per inch. This made working in Cmap tools near impossible. There is a note of it on the "known issues" section:
Under Windows 10, High Resolution monitors (HiDPI) are not handled well by Java programs that use Swing. This is a documented Java bug. Unfortunately it affects CmapTools. The fonts are not scaled correctly, and text and images are displayed very small. Changing the screen resolution helps with some machines.
I actually have gotten a different laptop since downloading, but I'm worried I will run into this issue again on Windows 10. My new laptop will be a 12.5" inch screen with a 1920x1080 resolution, coming in at 176 pixels per inch. I would really appreciate feedback as to whether or not I'm going to have this issue again, as I will try to prepare for it in advance.

Thank you!