I can not open a pdf link in a node

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
singladur

I can not open a pdf link in a node

Post by singladur »

Dear friends:

S.O.: macOS SIERRA
CmapTools: v.6.01

I have a problem with the links in nodes. Adding links to other cmaps is not a problem. However, linking to a pdf (for example) it is. I add the pdf inside a subfolder of a main one which is declared as Knowledge model. When trying to do the link, the pdf appears as a resource where it should be, so I add it. However, the link does not work afterwards. The error I receive is: It is not posible to open "pdfname.pdf".

It is true that even from the view panel, I can see the thumbnail of the pdf but I can not open it there either. I receive the error:

Error abriendo el recurso pdfname.pdf.
Error inesperado del Cliente.

that I translate as:

Error opening the resource pdfname.pdf
Unexpected error of the Client.

Any help will be Wellcome.

Thanks in advance.

Singapur
singladur

Re: I can not open a pdf link in a node

Post by singladur »

Dear friends:

I have tried with graphics and other different files. It seems that graphics are correctly handled but not pdf. I have tried to add a .djvu and CmapTools does not recognize the extension (as I expected). However, CmapTools creates the link to the djvu file. It does not add it as a resource though. When I try to use the link, CmapTools tells me that I should give permission to let the system chose the app ("¿Permite a CmapTools que solicite al sistema operativo que abra el recurso fichero.djvu ? Se recomienda que solo archivos provenientes de fuentes conocidas se abran en esta forma.") Then, I say "yes". Finally, I obtain a message "No es posible abrir "fichero.djvu". It is the same error that with pdf files (although pdfs are added as resources).

I have tried moving the structure of "my cmaps" to Windows and I have been able to open the pdf. So it should be something concrete with macOS.

I have tried to move the structure to CmapCloud and, surprise, the pdf is opened by "safari" (this is, CmapTools desktop is unable to open pdfs that lives in my local cmaps, however, it is able to open those pdfs that are stored in the cloud) This is really amazing. CmapTools desktop handles differently how to open pdf depending where they are stored.

Well, I am just trying to add the more information possible for you to identify the problem.

Thanks again in advance.

Singladur.