keyword search in Web format ?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Fredo

keyword search in Web format ?

Post by Fredo »

Bonjour;
Je m'appelle Fredo, je suis français et je trouve que Cmaptool est un outil intéressant, très accessible qui va à l'essentiel et vraiment gratuit en plus.
Ma question est simple, est-il possible de faire une recherche par mots-clés sur les Cmaps quand on y accède en format Web via un navigateur internet ?
Merci pour votre considération.

Hello; my name is Fredo, I am French and I find that Cmaptool is an interesting, very accessible tool which gets to the point and really free in more.
My question is simple, is it possible to make a keyword search on Cmaps when we reach it in Web format via an Internet browser?
Thank you for your consideration.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: keyword search in Web format ?

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi Fredo,

There are two formats of web versions of the Cmaps. One is the 'standard' html, which is image with javascript. All concepts and propositions are in the metadata of the html page, and so whatever indexing Google or other search engine does of this information can be used for searches. In general we have seen that Google does index the metadata if it has access to the Cmaps during crawling.

The second format, which is used for the Cmap Cloud, loads a program that generates the image for the Cmap. Its presents a lot more options for embedding but does not (yet) provide a lot of information for indexing.

Hope this helps.
Fredo

Post by Fredo »

Hello, thank you for your answer. In fact is my problem the following, why in the tutorial one with access has these options?
Capture tutorial french online.JPG

And what in my cmap aren't these options proposed?
Capture my cmap.JPG

By thanking you for your assistance.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

OK, I misunderstood your question.

This feature had to be eliminated because Google started charging for their API. The Tutorial has not bee updated to show this change.