not convenient for typing Chinese

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
amulelernen

not convenient for typing Chinese

Post by amulelernen »

This tool is awesome! But there is still a little problem in typing Chinese.

After double click on the blank or single click on a concept, I can directly type English to change its content. But it's not the same for typing Chinese. I have to double-click everything(concept and linking-words) to change it's content. As for creating new concept, I have to double-click twice. And sometimes I can't select all the content, so I have to move my mouse to select it all to change. Is there any way to solve this problem? I have tried different Chinese input method(Google, Microsoft, Sougou, etc.), but the result stays the same. It seems only English input method can "trigger" the concept I want to change.

The version of Camptools I use is Win64CmapTools_v6.02_08-11-16; and my system is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks for your help :D !
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: not convenient for typing Chinese

Post by cmapadmin »

With respect to this issue, we'd like to quote what one of our colleagues from China that has helped us with the use of CmapTools in Chinese.

"In fact, what the user described is exactly true and I like it that way. Directly inputing Chinese or not, for the matter of fact any fonts any language, is not an important problem at all. I like the fact that one has to choose which part to input and then input Chinese. This makes me think deeper and think more specific. If one's mind can not flow so fast, there is no point in making the software fast."
amulelernen

Re: not convenient for typing Chinese

Post by amulelernen »

eh……well, to be frank, I don't quite agree with you or your quote from your Chinese colleague.

Another double click increases the burden of using this software, needless to say. Your finger will feel tired after constructing a huge concept map. Thinking deeper has nothing to do with your finger fatigue. Actually, I think typing in anywhere like Microsoft OneNote, can promote the user experience.
And it affects the consistency in using this software. If someone tries to build a concept map in a multi-language way, this inconvenience will interrupt his or her thought. This annoys a lot.
Last for this quote here, "If one's mind can not flow so fast, there is no point in making the software fast.". Well, there are still many people thinking faster than him or her, and there are many people who want to think faster by using this software.

But still, this is a powerful tool, and thanks for your hard work on this. If this bug can be fixed, it is perfect.