File is blank

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgadsby

File is blank

Post by dgadsby »

Hello,
I have been working on a file for about 5 days. While I was using it the system just jammed and the cursor was stuck on the expanding icon.
I shut the program down, it asked if I wanted to save changes, I hit Yes.
I only have one file and when I open it, it is a blank white page, if I hit the cursor on it it turns black. Its like it isn't opening correctly I would say.
do you have any suggestions. I can't imagine having to start again. :(
Thanks Debbie
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: File is blank

Post by cmapadmin »

Had you saved earlier? Were you saving to a CmapServer (we backup the CmapServers). If you are backing up your machine, you should be able to recover earlier versions from the backup.

There is a folder named My Cmaps (under your Home Folder, may be under Documents, depending on your OS) which should contain the maps. If you find it can you email it to cmapsupport@ihmc.us? We can take a look it.
dgadsby

Post by dgadsby »

Hello, I have emailed the file. Hopefully it is what you meant. Thank you.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We received it and, as you say, the Cmap won't open. This shouldn't happen as Cmaps are only kept if the Save is completed and successful so we are looking into it. But, honestly, its not looking good.
dgadsby

Post by dgadsby »

oh dear. I am praying for a miracle!
dgadsby

Post by dgadsby »

Hello, do you have information about his file or what happened.

Is there any version which would have been saved on your server.

Unfortunately I had not back up my laptop in the period I was working on this cmap.

Thank you Debbie