CmapTools icon location?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

CmapTools icon location?

Post by dgroos »

For various reasons, over the years, I've had to figure ways to make a launcher app for CmapTools on Ubuntu and therefore finally actually saved the launcher icon image in my tech-solutions database!

So, I've just upgraded an Ubuntu 16.04 (arch64) desktop where I had installed CmapTools 6.0.2 to ubuntu 17.04--gonna give away donated computers to students with Ubuntu 17.04 and cmaptools pre-loaded. Unfortunately the launcher was lost upon the upgrade so I reinstalled 6.0.2 on the upgraded ubuntu 17.0.4. However, the stage in the install process where one can select whether/where to install a launcher was automatically jumped over--going previous/next I couldn't get between the install location stage to the install stage. perhaps an artifact from upgrading ubuntu to new versions.

Anyway, I'm wondering, is there a location where I should install the logo file (.jpg)? I'm figuring I'll make a simple launcher file (accessing this logo.jpg file) in the IHMC_CmapTools folder that works for all users. (If it matters, I have come to rename "IHMC CmapTools" install the "IHMC_CmapTools" so I don't have to type in an escape key when doing commands remotely)

Thanks!
David
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: CmapTools icon location?

Post by cmapadmin »

I don't understand. Can't you just reinstall and pick the install location?
dgroos

Re: CmapTools icon location?

Post by dgroos »

I can install/reinstall and subsequently find the bin/CmapTools app, but it seems that it isn't recognized as an application (though the execution bit seems to be set). Furthermore when I search for files in the Dash with the search term, "cmaptools" only "character map" turns up.

However on my mac the bin/CmapTools file has the CmapTools icon associated with it, and I can launch it by clicking on it.

What surprised me most, however, was that during the install/reinstall I can't select to have an alias installed, that step is invariable jumped over, and I've tried this multiple times, also hitting the previous/next button. See attached screen shots (They are shown below in inverse order, please refer to order shown by file comment).
Attachments
4---give pre-install summary
4---give pre-install summary
3---asks for replacing or install alongside (i choose replace)
3---asks for replacing or install alongside (i choose replace)
2---I change install to /usr/...
2---I change install to /usr/...
1---shows to install in /root
1---shows to install in /root