can't save my work

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ros

can't save my work

Post by ros »

I use cmaps tools v6.02-64 bit in windows 10.

when I use it for the first time, i didn't find any problem when I am use it. I can save my work and I can use menu bar and style palette correctly.

but, in my second time, i found out that I can't save my work. I still can make my own mind map but when I try to click menu File -> save Cmap/save Cmap as, and I also try to click close -> appear 'do you want to save changes in "untitled1"?' -> yes. and also try to click in my keyboard ctrl+s or ctrl+shift+s, but, my work can't save and didn't appear dialogue box to rename my work. I also try to click other commands button, example : undo, redo, show palette, insert background, etc. (literally all of them), but they also didn't work.

Any possibility this file can still be saved and edit with palette?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: can't save my work

Post by cmapadmin »

Is the Export to CXL working? Try exporting as CXL, and afterwards you can import it again.
blackdeunan

Post by blackdeunan »

Hello -- I'm having the same problem. I can create and save a new cmap fine, but saving it again after working on prompts an error. Renaming it, choosing a different directory, etc. all doesn't work. Exporting to CXL does, but reloading that file loses the annotations, which make up a substantial amount of my map.
Is there any way to preserve the annotations/force it to save properly as a cmap?

update: Now it won't let me export as any kind of file. Saving as a cmap is still impossible.

version: 5.04.01
windows 7
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Please update your version of CmapTools. v6.03 is available for download at hp://cmap.ihmc.us