Paste erases concepts

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
toml@communisphere.com

Paste erases concepts

Post by toml@communisphere.com »

Using version 5.04.01 with windows 7 and 6 gig.

When I copy a concept and paste it within the same concepts area, the entire area vanished.

Control z / undo does not bring it back.

What have I done wrong?

Best,

Tom
acanas

Re: Paste erases concepts

Post by acanas »

If the copy and paste is of the concept, yes it will replace it -- I presume this is what you are doing. We were not able to reproduce the problem with the undo, it always worked. Can you explain better what you mean "within the same concepts area"?
jcase

Re: Paste erases concepts

Post by jcase »

I have the same problem. To reproduce, create 2 concepts and then nest them together. create a third concept, copy or cut it, then click on the nested concept and paste. The copied concept replaces the nested concept, which is OK but a bit annoying (not really a bug). Trying to undo this event, however, does not recover the nested concept, which is a bug.

Keep up the great work,
Jason

Using V5.04, Windows XP Professional SP3, Intel Core2 Duo P8400@2.26 Ghz, 4GB RAM