No Menu

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
gcarroll

No Menu

Post by gcarroll »

Am running Mac OSX (10.13.1 Beta (17B45a) with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM. I have been a long time user of cmaptools and for the first time yesterday when I opened up cmaptools I didn't get any menu across the top all I get is the the word CmapTools - I can click on it but I don't get a drop down menu. Keyboard commands don't work and the only way to shut down the program is by doing a Force Quit. I was using version 6.02 and checked on ihmc to see that there was an update (6.03) so I installed that - still the same issue.
Makes no difference if I have other programs open or only CmapTools.
Is anybody else reporting similar issues?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: No Menu

Post by cmapadmin »

I personally use a Mac and have had this happen once or twice throughout many years, but restarting the program always fixed the problem. Can you send us a copy of the log file? Send it by email to cmapsupport@ihmc.us if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.

This FAQ explains where logs are located:

https://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmaptools-faqs#1-2

We have a new Beta version that uses Java 8 instead of Java 7. This might fix the issue:

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/DownloadCmapTools/CmapToolsBeta/
gcarroll

Post by gcarroll »

Humm... I am unable to install the beta. It appears to download without an issue though after I unzip the file and go to install I get the message that "CmapTools_v6.04_Beta_JRE180u144.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
The only options I am given is Cancel or Move to Trash.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Try downloading it again. I tried it and first time it wouldn't expand but tried again and it worked. Don't know why, just and FTP server. Sent a link via email just in case.