Pasted text, new line

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
buscon

Pasted text, new line

Post by buscon »

hi,

when I copy some text in a concept, the text is not automatically indented, that means if the text is pretty long, i can get a very long line, instead of a formatted text that I copied from the original.

Is it possible to change the setting of a concept, in order to limit the indentation to certain number of characters?

thanks!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Pasted text, new line

Post by cmapadmin »

Are you referring to indentation or wraparound?

You can set the width of concepts in the "Width" field, under the Object tab, in the style palette.

You can create a new Template with this setting, set it as your default, and from there on have this as your default width.
buscon

Post by buscon »

I am referring to wraparound, actually, thanks for giving me the right word :)

I set the width of the field concept, but when i paste the text is all messed up. Next I try to change the size of the concept, in order to get a size that fits the text: at that point, cmaps gets stuck and does not react anymore :(
I tried this a few times, always getting into the same problem.
What can I try out?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We can't reproduce the bug. Please:

(a) After you do the paste, before trying to resize the concept, save the Cmap to My Cmaps. Close the Cmap. Then drag-and-drop the Cmap to your desktop/file system and email it us to cmapsupport@ihmc.us the file as an attachment.
(b) Close the program and send us a copy of the latest log file as an attachment. This link shows where its located: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65
(c) Launch the program, open the Cmap and see if resizing the concept still freezes the program. Let us know what happens.

Thanks.
buscon

Post by buscon »

thanks for your answer, i will email you the file in a few minutes.

But in the meanwhile I think i figured out the possible bug or misfunctioning:
- the resizing freezes the program, if the concept I want to resize has the settings "Paragraphs" or "Wrapped Lines" (maybe also only one of them, i don't know, i had both set to something) set to some values.
- the new map i created had no "Paragraphs" or "Wrapped Lines", i was able to resize the concept and I experienced no problems

does it make more sense?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We still were not able to reproduce the bug...