Error Loading 6.03 under Mac OS X 10.13.3

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
ramayya

Error Loading 6.03 under Mac OS X 10.13.3

Post by ramayya »

Attaching the screen message.
cMapTools Installer Error Message.png
marroyo

Re: Error Loading 6.03 under Mac OS X 10.13.3

Post by marroyo »

This error is generated by the InstallAnywhere, tool that we use to make our CmapTools installer. The error is associated with the use of special characters in the user's account or in the path to the CmapTools installer. Another possibility is that the file of the CmapTools installer is corrupt, it may not have downloaded correctly, please download it again.

We've never seen it on Mac OS X before. Please verify that your user-id, the path to the installer, or even the installer name does not contain special characters (i.e. @ # $% ^ &!). If necessary, rename the installer, the path to where the installer is located or its user-id, if it contains any special characters.
ramayya

Post by ramayya »

I have downloaded the file multiple times, and still get the same error message. After getting the message, the downloaded file allows me to proceed with installation and gives the message that the installation is complete. However, when try to start the application from the dock it takes me back to the installation startup screen and does not start the application.

Also, nothing happens when I double click on a cMap document that I have.

I have the latest version of Java for Mac OS X loaded under OS x 10.13.3. The details of Java is Version 9.0.3 (build 9.0.4+11) x86_64 with an expiration date of May 17, 2018.
ramayya

Post by ramayya »

The file downloaded from <https://cmap.ihmc.us/cmaptools/cmaptools-download> is -- MacOSXCmapTools_v6.03_10-04-17.zip of 102.4 MB.

And, the unzipped file is -- CmapTools_v6.03_10-04-17 of 134.3 MB.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

CmapTools installs the version of Java it uses.

So you were able to install the program? Did you try launching the program by going to the Applications folder?

You can't launch CmapTools by double-clicking on a .cmap file.
marroyo

Post by marroyo »

To see additional information in the execution of CmapTools, launch the console.app. This application is found in /Applications/Utilities.

Try to run CmapTools from a Terminal:

1. Open a Terminal

2. Change directory to the executable of CmapTools. Run this command:

cd /Applications/IHMC CmapTools/bin/CmapTools.app/Contents/MacOS

3. Execute CmapTools program. Run this command:

./CmapTools

You could see if there are errors in the execution of CmapTools. Please send us any message that is displayed.
ramayya

Post by ramayya »

The only version of cMapTools that seems to work is 6.00.4_02-12-15.

Launching CmapTools from Terminal is not for the normal user of a Mac.

So please update the 6.03 version to conform to normal Mac OS X Application Installation and User Interface.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Strange, we have thousands of Mac users and you are the only one having problems.
Macbermu

Post by Macbermu »

Good night.

If you have High Sierra, probably you have the HD bad formatted. Try to format again.
APFS is a new special system files, and it's possible that the installer don't work as it shoul be; you have to format and CREATE A NEW APFS PARTITION after delete (not only delete the HD). Sometimes the installers don't allocate the files correctly if the format is incorrect.
I had the same problem, and a new format solved it.

Mac Pro, OS version: 10.13.6
IHMC CmapTools version: 6.03_10-04-17
32 GB RAM

Regards.