Validate and fix links

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
correia.prm

Validate and fix links

Post by correia.prm »

Hi,
when I use the "validate and fix links" resource for knowledge models, the results shown by the CmapTools are not confirmed by the html version exported from the software. The attached figures show some problems to be solved in my knowledge model, but when I published it as a website, all those links works properly. What does this happen? At last, what are the difference between the red and yellow signs that appear in the window "Linked resources not found" [Window (#2)]? Thanks in advance for any helpful reply!

Regards from Brazil,

Paulo.
Attachments
CmapTools window (#1) after using validate and fix links for my knowledge model (my research group's website)
CmapTools window (#1) after using validate and fix links for my knowledge model (my research group's website)
CmapTools window (#2) after using validate and fix links for my knowledge model (my research group's website)
CmapTools window (#2) after using validate and fix links for my knowledge model (my research group's website)
---
Paulo Correia
University of Sao Paulo
School of Arts, Sciences and Humanities
http://www.each.usp.br/cmapping/
prmc[@]usp.br
acanas

Re: Validate and fix links

Post by acanas »

Yes, there is a difference. When a link is to a web page, CmapTools creates a "resource" (file) for the link, and its that resource that is linked to the Cmap. So when validating links it could be that (a) the resources is not there, or (b), the resource is available but it was not possible to access the linked web page.
Do you have the root folder of your knowledge model set as a "Knowledge Model"? If you do, the link validator will search through the whole knowledge model in case you have moved resources around.
correia.prm

Re: Validate and fix links

Post by correia.prm »

Alberto,

yes, the root folder of my knowledge model is set properly as a "knowledge model". Thanks for explaining me the difference I had noted during validating and fixing my links:-) I keep exploring better all resources that CmapTools offers to build up a website and I'd like to thank you and your fellows in IHMC to the effort you have made to improve this software. I'm sure that CmapTools is responsible for a "second wave" of concept mapping, expanding the applications of the visualization tool proposed by Joe Novak.

Regards from Brazil,
---
Paulo Correia
University of Sao Paulo
School of Arts, Sciences and Humanities
http://www.each.usp.br/cmapping/
prmc[@]usp.br