I cannot input in Chinese

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
fengguang22

I cannot input in Chinese

Post by fengguang22 »

Hello, I use Chinese as default language setting in my Windows. The Cmap tool follow this system setting. However, I cannot input Chinese when I am trying to build my first Cmap. For example, when I click the button to input a name of the first concept, I use Chinese typing but only get two small boxes. How can I fix it? Thanks.
fengguang22

Re: I cannot input in Chinese

Post by fengguang22 »

OK, I searched the board and fixed it. Change font for every bubble... Thanks.
patrisialobo

Re: I cannot input in Chinese

Post by patrisialobo »

HELLO,

Method 1: Language pack is available in Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise edition. If you have Windows Ultimate or Enterprise edition you may follow the steps mentioned below and install the language pack.
To download and install a Windows 7 language pack, follow these steps:

a) Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click Start, type Microsoft Update in the Start Search box, and then click Microsoft Update in the Programs list.

b) Click the optional update links for the language packs.

c) Under the Windows 7 Language Packs category, select the desired language pack.

Note: If you install many additional language packs, the disk space and system performance are affected. In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations. Therefore, we recommend that you only add a language pack to your computer if you will use the language pack.

d) Click OK, and then click Install updates to start the download and installation process.

For reference:

Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise

Method 2: If this doesn’t helps, then you may follow these steps:

You should install a Chinese IME before typing Chinese characters. To do this, please follow the steps.

a) Click on start, Control Panel.

b) Click on clock, Language and Region, Region and Language, Keyboard and Languages, Change keyboards, Add Chinese (Simlified,PRC).
REGARDS
patrisia