How to remove irritating sound when clicking outside selected object(text?)

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
Narcoleptic

How to remove irritating sound when clicking outside selected object(text?)

Post by Narcoleptic »

Hi!

When i have clicked some object, so that the text is highlighted, and decide i want to do something else my instinct is to click a empty spot on the map to deselect the object/text. The object is indeed deselected but this is accompanied by a irritating "plonk" sound. Can i turn this off, and if so how?

Thank you!

/N
Markmilleru2

Re: How to remove irritating sound when clicking outside selected object(text?)

Post by Markmilleru2 »

Narcoleptic wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 am Hi!

When i have clicked some object, so that the text is best gaming laptop under 500 best reel mowerhighlighted, and decide i want to do something else my instinct is to click a empty spot on the map to deselect the object/text. The object is indeed deselected but this is accompanied by a irritating "plonk" sound. Can i turn this off, and if so how?

Thank you!

/N
Hii admin I also have this problem please help us
Last edited by Markmilleru2 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We'll look into it.
rcarff

Post by rcarff »

Which operating system are you running CmapTools on (Windows, OS X, Linux)? Also, does the sound play all the time or only in certain cases? If you have a case where it always occurs, can you please specify the steps you take to reproduce it?
Narcoleptic

Post by Narcoleptic »

Hi! Win 10.

As mentioned above if i have left clicked a object, so it is highlighted, and then double-click a empty part of map to create new object there's a annoying "PLONG!" - like Win uses when you try to delete a file open in some app etc. I now notice this can also happen if i have a object selected and single-click empty space, as well as seemingly randomly when single-clicking some object with none other selected.

Very annoying since one does not want to have to turn of system sound to be able to use cmap tools.