Logging off cloud account on CmapTools?

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
umricardo

Logging off cloud account on CmapTools?

Post by umricardo »

Hi! I got some doubts while using CmapTools (6.03, Win 10, 16GB Ram).
How do I log off my cloud account on CmapTools on a public PC and prevent other users from obtaining access to my maps and my e-mail adress?
Can't I share a online folder direct from CmapTools software? Or can I only access the share option trough CmapCloud website?
How do I use CmapTools presentation mode and recording mode on a computer that does not have CmapTools installed?

Tnx ;)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Logging off cloud account on CmapTools?

Post by cmapadmin »

(a) What we recommend is that in shared computers CmapTools be installed following this guide:

https://cmap.ihmc.us/docs/cmapcloud-in-a-lab

If that is not the case, go into Preferences / User Info and clear the password list.

(b) You can share a folder from CmapTools desktop but it won't create a shortcut in the home folder of the other users. So its better to share from CmapTools in the Cloud. You can change the permissions of the folder by right-clicking and selecting Permissions.

(c) You can't use the Presentation mode without CmapTools.