Can't get out of Collaboration session

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

Can't get out of Collaboration session

Post by dgroos »

I've got some users who can't open a file in their team folder on our CmapServer w/out getting the message to submit a request for collaborating (which eventually times out). It does NOT matter if they restart the CmapTools program, logout and log back in or restart the client, they still get the message.

I experimented after school today and looks like there is a file called /home/username/.cmaptools/jimidat.x where x can be 1 all the way up to, well, one user has one with a 49! I did some experiments and it looks like when a user saves their cmap while doing synchronous editing the jimidat.x file is created, the more times saved, the higher the number. Upon all cmaptools windows closed, it looks like these are supposed to be auto-deleted. I'm guess that this isn't happening if they logout w/out first closing all CmapTools windows. I'll talk to them about this. Also, is there something that could be done so that CmapTools exits cleanly during the logout process? I'm guessing this not exiting cleanly upon logout is related to the problem I've talked about here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4116&p=7697&hilit=lost+place#p7697

Is it safe for me to autodelete any */.cmaptools/jimidat.* files when no users are logged in?

Thanks!
David G
(FYI, I did searches on this forum to see if this problem had been previously addressed. Looks like searches containing the term "lock" time out, finally returning a blank page.)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get out of Collaboration session

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

We haven't seen this problem before. We'll look into it.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get out of Collaboration session

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you look at the logs to see if the program closed cleanly?