MyCmap files privacy

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
umricardo

MyCmap files privacy

Post by umricardo »

Hi,

If I have installed CmapTools trough Advanced Configuration and have chosen the option to delete all user ID's and passwords at the end of each session, how can I associate the files created by a determined user on the MyCmaps folder to appear for him only through logging in with his user ID and password and don't appear to other users that will also share the same computer and software?

Thx!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: MyCmap files privacy

Post by cmapadmin »

If each user has a separate folder that is accessed through a system variable, then you can select personal folder as the place to store the files. That is, each user has a profile, use the profile information to set the paths. The userid and password in CmapTools is used only to set permissions in CmapServers, so you would have to rely on system variables to set the paths when installing.