Menu items are black after update to v5.03

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
stevewalsh

Menu items are black after update to v5.03

Post by stevewalsh »

My previous version of CmapTools (4.18) displayed the menu items correctly. After installing CmapTools v5.03 the menu items are blacked out and only become visible if the cursor is over them. How can I get the menu to display correctly?

I am running CmapTools on a Toshiba laptop with Vista and 2GB RAM and the latest version of Java (Version 6 Update 13).

Thanks,

Steve Walsh
marroyo

Re: Menu items are black after update to v5.03

Post by marroyo »

It looks like IHMC CmapTools did not install the Java version it needs to run properly. Why? probably the operating system (Windows) was using some CmapTools' Java files by the time you upgraded IHMC CmapTools to v5.03.

CmapTools v5.03 needs Java 1.5.0_17, which is installed on a folder titled "jre" under "C:\Program Files\IHMC CmapTools\". If CmapTools does not find "its" Java, then it uses another Java installed on your system, for instance Java 1.6.x and of course many problems will show up (i.e. menu items in black).

How to solve the problem? Install IHMC CmapTools v5.03 again and it will run as expected.

Mario Arroyo
stevewalsh

Re: Menu items are black after update to v5.03

Post by stevewalsh »

Thanks Mario - the reinstall did the trick.
Steve