How to refer the concepts from differenct Cmap files

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
agnibhu13

How to refer the concepts from differenct Cmap files

Post by agnibhu13 »

Hi,

I am using Cmaps for a while and very happy with the concept and the tool. But one issue I have noticed is that I am unable to refer a concept from another Cmap file. I am creating some complex Cmap file, and sometimes want to refer a concept which is already detailed in another Concept map. How can do this?. This is something like importing a module in OOPs languages. Do Cmap parse the text content? Or it just save it as a string without having any meta data associated with?

Regards,
Deepu
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: How to refer the concepts from differenct Cmap files

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

There is no way to make reference to a concept in another Cmap. You can, however, have the two Cmaps opened, one next to the other, and create a proposition that links concepts in different Cmaps. On a Mac, you use the Command key when doing the drag of the link to the other concept. The program will create shortcuts that will allow you to open the other Cmap from the shared concept.
thomasfrank

Post by thomasfrank »

You can create a new concept map that includes the concepts from both of the original Cmap files. You can then copy and paste the concepts from one Cmap file to the other. pokedoku
suretype

Post by suretype »

Why don't you try opening 2 Cmaps next to each otherconnections puzzle?
boiledikea

Post by boiledikea »

It is not possible to make reference to a notion in another Cmap. A clause connecting the ideas in the two Cmaps can be made by opening them side by side. Although a little laborious, this approach is simple to utilizemini crossword. You can access it with more ease.
superrobe

Post by superrobe »

A concept in one Cmap cannot be referenced in another. By opening the two Cmaps side by side, a clause tying the concepts together may be created. This method is easy to use,x trench run despite being a bit laboriousmini cumbersome. You have easier access to it.