Position of pasted nodes is off on non-default zoom levels

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
vesjolovam

Position of pasted nodes is off on non-default zoom levels

Post by vesjolovam »

Since many bug reports seem to stay unaddressed due to the efforts (not sufficiently compensated by funding) required to diagnose and fix them, I've decided to try and look into the program myself and find the cause of the problem. I do understand that this is a little against the rules, but I'm only trying to help the people interested in this otherwise great piece of software, and indirectly - to help you (the developers) officially help them with minimum efforts.

Judging from the debugging info (Windows, 6.04), CMapComponent.getViewableArea outputs in logical coordinates, while CMapComponent.getBoundsOfNodes and CMapComponent.getBoundsOfEntitys output in physical coordinates, and this causes (in CMapComponent.pasteFromClipboard) the nudge calculated for CMapComponent.moveGraphicalEntitiesBy to be off by an amount that is dependent on the zoom level, the origin of the copied items and the offset of the viewport. Applying CMapComponent.ComponentToMap to the output of CMapComponent.getViewableArea fixes the problem.
Last edited by vesjolovam on Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacobjsdhfg

Re: Position of pasted nodes is off on non-default zoom levels

Post by Jacobjsdhfg »

It's admirable that you're taking the initiative to investigate and address the bug reports in the software, especially when resources for addressing these issues may be limited. Drive Mad 2
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Thanks! Just passed your message to the programmer responsible for the code!
carinform

Post by carinform »

Jacobjsdhfg wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:45 am It's admirable that you're taking the initiative to investigate and address the bug reports in the software, especially when resources for addressing these issues may be limited. skibidi toilet
Thank you for sharing this blog with me. Using the CMapComponent.ComponentToMap to the CMapComponent result.The issue is fixed via getViewableArea.
SungBlakeman

Post by SungBlakeman »

carinform wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 am
Jacobjsdhfg wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:45 am It's admirable that you're taking the initiative to investigate and address the bug reports in the software, especially when resources for addressing these issues may be limited. rice purity test
Thank you for sharing this blog with me. Using the CMapComponent.ComponentToMap to the CMapComponent result.The issue is fixed via getViewableArea.
It's great that you're willing to contribute to addressing bugs and improving the software.
xerianussa

Post by xerianussa »

Jacobjsdhfg wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:45 am It's admirable that you're taking the initiative to investigate and address the bug reports in the software, especially when resources for addressing these issues may be limited. Dino Game
It appears that there's an issue with the positioning of pasted nodes when the zoom level is adjusted from the default setting. This discrepancy in position could potentially disrupt the workflow and lead to confusion for users who rely on precise node placement.