Cmap Tools won't execute properly on Windows Vista and XP

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
PaulReeves

Re: Cmap Tools won't execute properly

Post by PaulReeves »

Folks:
Obviously my issue is obscure and probably some "feature" related to Vista. While you are busy with other issues, will you please tell me what conditions/settings are requirements for CMAP Tools to run properly?
- should I remove all traces of older installations such as old maps, profiles, registry entries?
- should I change any pop-up settings for browsers? (I know that sounds bizarre, but my problem is like a pop-up not working)
- should I be network connected at instal, or not?
- should I try an older version, if so which one?
- should I change any Vista settings?
- should I.....?

Thanks, Paul
PaulReeves

Re: Cmap Tools won't execute properly on Windows Vista and XP

Post by PaulReeves »

Hi;
Still hoping to hear from you on my last post...
In the meantime: Many browser "pop-ups" are not persisting either; e.g. hovering over an item in a browser window generates the pop-up but it almost immediately dissappears. This matches the behaviour of the connector box pop-up when hovering over a concept.
Are these things related? Is this a browser or java setting? Any clues?

I'm willing to try almost anything since I am intending to work with my client on more CMaps.
Thanks, Paul