CmapTools (Platform) Look and Feel in Linux

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
hans@oesterholt.net

CmapTools (Platform) Look and Feel in Linux

Post by hans@oesterholt.net »

L.S.,

I'm trying to start CmapTools with my platform look and feel (I'm using Linux, so that would be GTKLookAndFeel).
However, it doesn't seem to work with CmapTool 5. Am I overlooking something?

--Hans
marroyo

Re: CMapTools (Platform) Look and Feel

Post by marroyo »

Hi Hans,

CmapTools v5.03 automatically assumes the look and feel that the operating system has. It is not configurable, we have never experienced problems with the look and feel of CmapTools in any Linux distribution.

What Linux distribution do you have installed? Please describe in detail what happens when running CmapTools, send us screenshots in order to illustrate the problem, and send us the log file (cmaptools0.log), this file is under the directory named "CmapToolsLogs", which is in your home directory. Send us the files in zip format.

Mario Arroyo
hans@oesterholt.net

Re: CMapTools (Platform) Look and Feel

Post by hans@oesterholt.net »

Thank you for your reply. I'm using a Debian distribution, working under KDE, using the GTK-KDE bridge for look and feel of GTK programs. Java has been configured to use the GtkLookAndFeel by default. I've attached a number of java programs that all take on this look and feel. However, CMapTools sticks to the Metal look and feel. I know, it's only look and feel, but I would like it a lot if cmaptools takes on the default KDE 'skin'. It takes less space and it works nicer.

I've attached some images.

Best regards,
Hans Oesterholt.
protege using GtkLookAndFeel
protege using GtkLookAndFeel
Jarnal using GtkLookAndFeel
Jarnal using GtkLookAndFeel
Freemind using GtkLookAndFeel
Freemind using GtkLookAndFeel
CMapTools ignoring GtkLookAndFeel
CMapTools ignoring GtkLookAndFeel