CmapTools installer.properties variables ignored

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
cmtptr

CmapTools installer.properties variables ignored

Post by cmtptr »

Hi,

I'm trying to write an installer.properties for CmapTools so that I can automate the installer process using a silent install. However, it seems like several variables are ignored when using this method. The following is my installer.properties file:

Code: Select all

INSTALLER_UI=silent
USER_INSTALL_DIR=/opt/IHMC_CmapTools
USER_SHORTCUTS=Do_Not_Install
AUTOMATIC=0
ONDEMAND=1
KEEP_USERIDS=1
DELETE_USERIDS=0
USER_PROFILE=/opt/IHMC_CmapTools/profile
USER_MYCMAPS=/opt/IHMC_CmapTools/my_cmaps
AUTO_RECORDER=0
NO_AUTO_RECORDER=1
pki.enable=false
pki.enable_1=
pki.enable_2=No
pki.enable_BOOLEAN_1=0
pki.enable_BOOLEAN_2=1
LOGS=0
NO_LOGS=1
I've noticed that after running the installer, USER_PROFILE, USER_MYCMAPS, AUTOMATIC, ONDEMAND, LOGS, and NO_LOGS variables aren't saved (verified by checking IHMC_CmapTools/UninstallerData/installvariables.properties). How can I correct this? I'm running Arch Linux x86_64 kernel 2.6.29.4.

Thanks
cmtptr

Re: CmapTools installer.properties variables ignored

Post by cmtptr »

On another note, I'm also having an issue where profile.xml is saved as profile.xml~, and never read on startup (even if I rename it to profile.xml). I installed CmapTools within a chroot environment before moving it into place on my filesystem. What is causing this, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks