1st run failure in Windows XP

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
IainBegg

1st run failure in Windows XP

Post by IainBegg »

Hi,
I have been using CmapTools for a while but I have a new laptop with Windows XP SP3 installed, the Windows Firewall running. I get the endless "Loading ..." message when I bring up CmapTools. We also turned the firewall off and it made no difference.

I followed the FAQ and made sure that the CMAP-supplied javaw.exe program can get through the firewall but it still gives me the same problem. I am thinking it is perhaps a port number issue? I could add that but I would need to know the name and number if that is the case, and I cannot find it in any of the config files.

Can you help please?

thanks,

iain begg
rcarvajal

Re: 1st run failure

Post by rcarvajal »

@IainBegg:

It seems to me that either IHMC CmapTools was not properly installed or the access to the Internet has been blocked to javaw.exe and/or CmapTools.exe. Please verify that ports 4447 and 4747 are able to open output connections through TCP and UDP.

Please download and install IHMC CmapTools again and check if it runs properly.

If the problem persists, then send me a private message and attach, as a zip file, a folder titled "CmapToolsLogs" located under "C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\" where User_Name is the user id you use in your Windows machine. More information on how to find the "CmapToolsLogs" folder is available in the FAQ section (read: "Where can I find the log files of CmapTools? ")
Rodrigo Carvajal