HA CmapServer

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
mbaquer6

HA CmapServer

Post by mbaquer6 »

Hello!
I'm working on the deployment of CmapServer on Kubernetes and everything works great for one instance.
I would like you to give me some tips if I want to deploy the system in HA. I tried this but have some issues when I try to scale for more than one replica. They share the same FS using with all the files (NFS) and share the same serverconfig.txt. All replicas are behind a load balancer, no sticky sessions. The issue I found is when I try to open a map, I got an error saying cannot open resource. If one insists on opening, then it does (just one instance is attending the requests).
Any advice would be appreciated.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: HA CmapServer

Post by cmapadmin »

Hi,

Sharing a filesystem by several CmapServers won't work. Each CmapServer keeps a table in memory with a list of all resources, locks, etc., so the CmapServers would get out of sync. A future release of the CmapServer will support sharing the file system, but currently it won't. We're working on it. As to the error you are getting, where its one CmapServer accessing the shared filesystem, there shouldn't be any problems. What does the log say? Timeout?
mbaquer6

Post by mbaquer6 »

No, for one instance works fine, no problems at all, the problem happens just when using replicas.
I will give more resources for the instance so we don't have any problems for the CMAP Congress!
Thank you!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Increasing the memory size (heap size) will make a huge difference.
mbaquer6

Post by mbaquer6 »

Java its so memory hungry, will do, absolutely.
Thanks again.