opening annotations

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
MIM1993

opening annotations

Post by MIM1993 »

I have sent my graduate professor my cmap with annotations in a different array of formats. He recieves the map but can not open the annotations. I tried to post on a public server but was unsuccessful. I am not sure why. I did not know if that would work anyway, but I thought I would try. I posted my map in cmappers, but still not able to open annotations. Should I just list my annotations on a word document and just include it with my map? I am really unclear as to how to proceed. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
dgroos

Re: opening annotations

Post by dgroos »

Not sure where you are at--are you able to open annotations on other peoples cmaps on the web? Did you just try and copy/paste the whole folder from the cmaptools on your computer to the IHMC CmapServer? Or, did you copy the map, then re-copy the 'resources'?

David
MIM1993

Post by MIM1993 »

I am not sure where I am at with it. I tried to save my cmap to the public places but it asks for ID and password. I don't know how to get an ID or password for it. On cmappers, I can not open annotations of others cmaps, let alone mine. I tried "save as" but those only came out as static images. I thought if all else fails I will copy or burn it to a CD and drive 45 miles and deliver it to my professor. Can't figure out how to burn it either. Maybe a different cmap software? Any suggestions? Thank you. Joe
rcarvajal

Post by rcarvajal »

@MIM1993:

Before you copy a concept map to a CmapServer you need to create a folder in the CmapServer. First, select a public CmapServer (IHMC has three public servers), and then go to "File / New Folder..." (refer to the Help for more info about this) and set up your folder. After this you won't be prompted for a user id and password, when you copy your cmap to to that folder, because CmapTools identifies your as the owner of the folder.
Rodrigo Carvajal