CmapServer 3 is very slow

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jgorman

CmapServer 3 is very slow

Post by jgorman »

When saving to IHMC server 3 is very slow and got message that server was not responding. It was very slow saving before this for some time this afternoon. I am running 5.05 on a Windows Vista service pack 2. I just ran a internet speed test on my computer and came up with 15 Mbps download and 18 upload speed. So the bandwidth on this side is not the problem. I am downloading CmapTools 5.05.01 cause I thought that might be the problem however it downloaded very slowly.... was going to take over an hour for 80 Mb. I am not sure what else to check on this side. Help.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: CmapServer 3 is very slow

Post by cmapadmin »

We'll look into it.
acanas

Post by acanas »

We are restarting the CmapServer.
jgorman

Post by jgorman »

Thank you, Alberto! It is now able to save. It is faster now but still a little slow.

Jim
acanas

Post by acanas »

The reindexing for the search takes several hours and slows down the CmapServer.
Aliraza179

Post by Aliraza179 »

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It has been very helpful.

Post by SamuelNoel1205071 »

Hello,

I have a big problem with the IHMC Cmap server Public (3) ? I no longer access this morning. I have a job to finish on the server. Does this problem is being resolved ? or the server 3 will not be available ?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

There was a hardware problem with the machine it runs on. Its been rebooted and should be available in a short while. It takes a while for the CmapServer to reindex and get going again. Sorry for the inconvenience.