CmapServer very slow, sometimes.

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

CmapServer very slow, sometimes.

Post by dgroos »

Sometimes my 5.0.3.1 CmapServer is really slow to respond. I open the server in the Views window and it may take 30 seconds to open the root folder, and 30 seconds at each successive level. I've tried to add the place in the Views windows a few different ways, by ip, by domain name, by browsing in the list. This time, it was slow when added via the list of places. It was slow when I added the server by typing in IP, but when I added the server by it's "cmap.mpls.k12.mn.us" it was lighning fast. Any ideas? Maybe related, I don't seem to be able to add my cmapserver in AdminTools, it just pauses a moment then closes and nothing happens. This last development is within the last couple of weeks though the irregular slowdowns have happened for a few months.

Thanks,
David
acanas

Re: CmapServer very slow, sometimes.

Post by acanas »

David,

I added the Place to my CmapTools Views and opening the folders was instantaneous. Seems like you may be having network problems.

Regards,

Alberto