Moving to a new Cmap server

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
tdp1452

Moving to a new Cmap server

Post by tdp1452 »

I need to move a current installation of Cmap to a new server. According to the documention I found, (http://cmap.ihmc.us/Download/move_CmapServer.php), If you move the CmapServer to another computer, you must configure the Host Name and IP Address of the destination computer to match that of the previous computer so that external links pointing to resources stored in your CmapServer are preserved.

Unfortuanately this is not an option, the new server will have a different host name and ip address then the previous one. I am new to CMAP so I am not sure how much of an issue this is for our installation. Does anyone know what I need to do so the "external links pointing to resources" are not affected?

Thanks,
acanas

Re: Moving to a new Cmap server

Post by acanas »

Hi

As long as the serverid is the same in the new CmapServer, the links between the Cmaps will work in the CmapTools. What will not work are the links in the HTML-version of the Cmaps. The URLs in the HTML version needs to be generated again, and can be done by opening and saving again each Cmap.