Cleaning up

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
worths1

Cleaning up

Post by worths1 »

I have been using one of the public servers to store student projects. Many, many, many students forgot passwords and created new folders.

Over the next two weeks, I'll be copying their work to a local folder on my computer so that I can grade it. In January, I will get them to delete or rename their folders.

My concern is for the folders they created and then abandoned. I realize you are probably reluctant to delete their work without some verification that it should be deleted. Is there something I can do to point you to the folders and provide satisfactory assurance that the folders should go?

Thanks!
acanas

Re: Cleaning up

Post by acanas »

HI,

Thanks for your concern regarding your student's folders. We leave it up to the users to delete folders that they don't use. So go ahead and delete them if you have the permissions. If you don't provide us with a list and we'll delete them.

Thanks!