Unable to install CmapServer on a VPS?

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
gpskjeld

Unable to install CmapServer on a VPS?

Post by gpskjeld »

I have a problem installing CmapServer on a VPS

According to a thread I found here http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=632411 the problem may be somewhat generic for VPS installations? Apparantly problem is the JVM memory allocation and the solution is to run Java with a memory parameter. But since CmapServer is installed using a binary file, I cannot do that. Any ideas?

The result I get is this:

r2d2:/home/cmap# ./LinuxCmapServer_v5.03.03_10-15-09.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
r2d2:/home/cmap#
acanas

Re: Unable to install CmapServer on a VPS?

Post by acanas »

Hi,

Can you provide more information regarding the VPS you are using, version of Linux, memory you have configured, version Java you have installed, etc? We use virtual machines for testing and don't have any problems. Looks to me like a virtual machine configuration problem, since the installer requires very little memory.