Help! LDAP, permissions error when making a folder.

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jlott

Re: Help! LDAP, permissions error when making a folder.

Post by jlott »

Glad to hear the fix worked.

We currently support the following object classes for groups:

GroupOfNames
GroupOfUniqueNames
GroupOfURLs

If there is another type of Group object that you would like to see supported, please let us know the details (e.g. objectclass and perhaps an example of a group entry).
Xthorvald

Post by Xthorvald »

the standard objectclass in Windows is top, and Group.

the reason i ask about this is because i can't add "GroupOfNames" to a Group before it has students in it. and want to automate it. is there a reason why "Group" is not used?
jlott

Post by jlott »

We're currently using Sun's JNDI LDAP Booster pack to provide support for LDAP groups. This package only supports the group object classes listed previously (e.g. standard RFC schemas, not Microsoft-specific schemas). We would need to write our own custom code to handle ActiveDirectory group objects.

A possible workaround for now would be to change your schema definition for "groupOfNames" so that it "MAY" have the "member" attribute, rather than "MUST". Then you can add the groupOfNames class to your object before you add the members. Your schema will no longer match the standard, but in practice, I think it is unlikely to break anything.
Xthorvald

Post by Xthorvald »

ok :) thanks anyway for all the help.

will the LDAP fix be included in the Next official version of CMAP? :)
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, it will be part of the next public release of the CmapServer.