Java 8?

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
jjgalvez

Java 8?

Post by jjgalvez »

When will Cmap server support java 8? I am considering installing cmap server at work (government department) however java 7 is a nonstarter, when will cmap support java 8?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Java 8?

Post by cmapadmin »

At this point we don't see the need to move to Java 8. We depend on external funding for development and this has not been a priority from funding sources. Is this a US Government agency? Other agencies have allowed running Java 7 because its included as part of the App.
jjgalvez

Post by jjgalvez »

Thanks for the input. Yes it is for an agency. I'm surprised others are allowing it, unless they are paying for java7 support, which we've decided not to do.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Any possibility that your agency provide funds to move the CmapServer to Java 8?