How to run CmapServer behind Apache

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
umesh.ganapathy

How to run CmapServer behind Apache

Post by umesh.ganapathy »

I can see its based on tomcat(correct me if i am wrong)

So i am trying to connect it to apache using AJP ports. how do i do it?

Or is there any way to run cmaps behind apache using virtual hosts (I even tried mod proxy and rewrite.. not success).

The problem is i have only one server and i have many apps in that which runs behind apache using virtual hosting and for cmaps i want a subdomain to be used than some port.
(I can open some other port in server other than 80 and can access it. But i want proper domain name.)

~Umesh
camerongoble

Re: How to run CmapServer behind Apache

Post by camerongoble »

I have a similar situation here -- an apache box with lots of virtual domains, with cmapserver's tomcat running on its own port.

I've thought a little about this problem, and though I haven't implemented a solution, this one is on my list of things to try. Essentially you configure a virtual domain in apache to work as a proxy to the tomcat port, like cmap.yoursever.com <-proxies-> yourhost.com:8080 (or whatever your port is).

You might try it and let me know how it works for you.
acanas

Re: How to run CmapServer behind Apache

Post by acanas »

Hi, sorry but there is no easy way to run the CmapServer without the included Tomcat. There is too much interdependence between them.