Cmapserver Locale

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
mbaquer6

Cmapserver Locale

Post by mbaquer6 »

Hello,

I'm working in the deployment of CmapServer because our old instance is lost. The CmapServer is now working but I have some locale issues with Tomcat, I believe, that I have to configure it to support Spanish. There is a lot of maps in a backup that have accents and when the server is up, it replaces those accents with ??, so when I click on that resource, I got an expected 404.
I tried using export JAVA_OPTS = "- Duser.timezone = America / Bogota -Duser.language = es -Duser.region = CO" and CATALINA_OPTS but don't do the trick.
I also set the locale of the OS LANG=es_CO.UTF-8 but still the same.
I also attach an image with the problem.
Hope you can give me some ideas.
Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 11.26.27 AM.png
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Cmapserver Locale

Post by cmapadmin »

Are both old instances (old and new) on the same OS? Is the backup in the same OS? Could be a problem with the backup (we've seen that issue before).

There should not be any changes needed to support Spanish or any other language
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

We noticed you are working with EAFIT's CmapServer. I believe that used to be a Linux server and you are trying to restore it onto a Mac OS X machine? There are problems with special characters in the filenames when moving the serverRootFolder between OS X / Windows and Linux. It works fine if you use CmapTools to move the resources, but at the file system level there are encoding issues. We have it in our list of pending bugs to fix.
You are better off restoring the CmapServer to a Linux machine. Or switch to using the Cmap Cloud.
mbaquer6

Post by mbaquer6 »

I'm restoring it using a Docker Debian jessie Image. The old server is a Fedora, and a Mac is just my client machine.
I used tar to compress the files on the old host, but I'll transfer it again and see what happens.
Thanks! I'll report back.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Ok. Somebody from EAFIT told use yesterday you were going to restore the CmapServer to a Mac. I guess they were misinformed. Does the CmapTools client shows bad characters in the resource names also, or is it only when you go through the html list of resources?
mbaquer6

[SOLVED]Re: Cmapserver Locale

Post by mbaquer6 »

Yes, it showed bad chars too, but I managed to solve the issue. I don't know whats up with the Docker Debian image but won't change the coding to UTF-8, so I just switched to a CentOS image and set the locale to UTF-8 and everything worked OK.
Thanks for the support!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

OK, good.