Server - Javaw.exe help

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
IamSam

Server - Javaw.exe help

Post by IamSam »

On the sever that is currently running the server porting the Cmap server portion is ramping Javaw.exe up over 500 megs of Ram. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. It has been working correctly for more then 9 months until recently. There have been no changes to the program or server portion that I am aware of that may have caused the issue.
Sam
acanas

Re: Server - Javaw.exe help

Post by acanas »

What OS are you using? The Java VM is configured to use 512 MB of RAM, so with time it will grow to use that amount. This is virtual memory, not real memory, so a lot of it will be paged out by your OS, so it shouldn't affect your machine's performance. You can change the defaults parameters (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36) but depending on the number of users you are serving, this may cause problems. You would need to check the log files to make sure you are not getting Our of Memory problems.