Problem with Synchronous Collaboration

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
fmejia

Problem with Synchronous Collaboration

Post by fmejia »

Hi,

Our University has a working CMAPServer Version 5.04 installed on a VM with Windows Server 2003 SE SP2 and 1GB RAM. The server being used by several students and teachers.

It is working fine, but recently we found an issue with "Synchronous Collaboration Service" that we need to solve ASAP.

When we try to collaborate synchronously on a CMAP, an exception is thrown "CollaborationClientHandler::run: Exception while receiving messages. Disconnecting client." (See attached cmapserver.log)

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Francisco J. Mejia
PUJC
Attachments
cmapserver0.log
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Last edited by fmejia on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acanas

Re: Problem with Synchronous Collaboration

Post by acanas »

Seems like the VM is running out of memory. Try assigning more memory to it. The FAQ explains how to do it.
fmejia

Post by fmejia »

Hi Acanas,

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked out the maximum heap size of memory and is set to "lax.nl.java.option.java.heap.size.max=1073741824" which is the total amount of physical memory (1024 GB RAM) our Virtual Server has.

I wonder if setting it with this value would be the issue, since obviously java VM cannot use all the physical RAM.

Best regards,

Francisco J. Mejia
PUJC
acanas

Post by acanas »

Yes, it could be that its asking for more memory and it can't get it, but it should be able to work with Virtual Memory.