Removing rid=..... in server/web link

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
radiogazer

Removing rid=..... in server/web link

Post by radiogazer »

Is it possible to configure the IHMC server to not need the "rid=....." in the URL?

i.e. instead of:
the.machine.org:8080/rid=12345678-ABCDEF-YZ/amap.cmap
to have:
the.machine.org:8080/my%20path/to%20thefile/atthe/amap.cmap

The reason why I ask is that I would like to operate the server more like a wiki - and when someone uploads a new cmap, with the same path, the rid is changed. We cannot therefore have an external link to the CMAP :(

Any alternative suggestions for keeping the same ID to the path?

thanks
acanas

Re: Removing rid=..... in server/web link

Post by acanas »

The CmapServer does not use the path to access resources. Each resource (Cmap, image, video, etc.) has a resource id (RID). That is why you can move Cmaps around the CmapServer and links don't break, since the path is irrelevant. If somebody uploads a Cmap that replaces an existing Cmap, and when questioned the user indicates the resource should be replaced, the RID remains the same and so the access to it remains. If you remove the Cmap and then add the new one, a new RID is generated. Just make sure you replace the existing one without deleting it first and everything should work.