HTTP Status 404 - The null portion Error on Server Webpage

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
larsonb

HTTP Status 404 - The null portion Error on Server Webpage

Post by larsonb »

Hello,

Winx64CmapServer_v5.04.03_05-13-11 has been running well for us on a Windows 2008 R2 4GB RAM server but an annoying glitch has appeared. When viewing the webpage version of the published knowledge model on the server, the links on the StartHere page give the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - The null portion
type Status report
message The null portion
description The requested resource (The null portion) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

When viewing the webpage on a networked PC, the links work fine. However, I like to test on the server since it's faster and less cumbersome than using another PC.

What's most odd is the webpage links used to work fine on the server until after I had published the knowledge model a few times. Usually when I publish, I actually delete the complete old copy of the published model and republish it to avoid the overwrite warning messages and to make sure moved cmaps end up in only one folder.

I can email you a link to a video showing the issue if you want.

Please advise. Thank you for an overall great set of software!!!
acanas

Re: HTTP Status 404 - The null portion Error on Server Webpage

Post by acanas »

Can you get to a version of the views? That is, if you just access the port (probably 80) using a Web browser, do you get a list of the folders/resources on the root of the CmapServer?