running cmapserver on existing tomcat

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
doctorproctor

running cmapserver on existing tomcat

Post by doctorproctor »

Greetings -- I have an existing Tomcat installation (v7.0.26) on my Ubuntu server, and would like to run CmapServer from this installation vs. the one bundled with the app. Is this supported? (I have to keep this installed Tomcat running to support another app that depends upon it.) I was thinking I'd just move the installed CmapServer files over to the /webapps folder in Tomcat root and deploy it from Tomcat Web Application Manager (apparently if CmapServer supported a WAR file it'd be easier but not mandatory). But before I do that I'd like to hear whether this is doable; thanks.

Jim P.
acanas

Re: running cmapserver on existing tomcat

Post by acanas »

No, its not doable to run a CmapServer under an existing Tomcat installation.
doctorproctor

Re: running cmapserver on existing tomcat

Post by doctorproctor »

Okay, thanks. It looks like I can run multiple instances of Tomcat on my server, but would appreciate guidance if anyone's done this. Specifically, I was going to edit the CmapServer version of its Tomcat server.xml (in tomcat/conf), but no such file exists! This, I understood, was where e.g. one checks for duplicate ports and the like. I suppose I could simply create this file, but odd that it doesn't even exist. Where are these Tomcat port etc. settings stored for CmapServer? (I suppose this may just be the "embedded web server" in serverconfig.txt.)

Regards,

Jim P.