CmapServer doesn't show up in directory of places

Having problems with IHMC CmapServer? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapServer, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
dgroos

Re: CmapServer doesn't show up in directory of places

Post by dgroos »

The Service Location Protocol Configuration File for the CmapServer is called slp.conf. It should be located under "IHMC_CmapServer/bin". Please verify the value of this variables on that file:

net.slp.DAAddresses=dop2.ihmc.us:4748:80,dop.ihmc.us:80:8001
net.slp.useScopes=cmapdp,public
net.slp.registerWithDa=true
net.slp.answerBroadcast=true
net.slp.port=4747
Here's what I get:
net.slp.DAAddresses=dop.ihmc.us\:80,dop2.ihmc.us\:4748
net.slp.useScopes=cmapdp,public
net.slp.registerWithDa=true
net.slp.answerBroadcast=true
net.slp.port=4747

The first line is where differences show up.

I copied your line into my slp.conf, restarted the cmapserver, then changed the web port via admintools to 443, then restarted the cmapserver, again.

I checked to see if it showed up in the Directory of Places, but not yet. Will check back in an hour or so. WAIT!! UPDATE! it appeared :P Thanks!

The web server isn't working after the change... I'll experiment more with that and re-post :(
Thanks,
David
dgroos

Post by dgroos »

OK-- Not sure why the web server isn't working still. I've used the admintool to make sure the web server port is 443. I looked through the main config sheet on the server but nothing looked wrong. When I've opened a cmap that resides on the server, at the bottom of the page where one can click on the button to view the cmap on the web, it shows the web address at which the cmap will be served, it now gives the port number as :80, not 443.

There must be some config sheet that the admintools doesn't configure?
dgroos

Post by dgroos »

Good news--appears that port 443 IS one of the ports blocked by the district. Our Web guy opened that up for me and it now works. I think everything is working well! Still a little weird behavior by our clients when the Styles Palette won't show up with the keyboard shortcut. I'll check this out and make a (hopefully) final post.
rcarvajal

Post by rcarvajal »

@dgross:

I'm glad to know that everything is working now as expected. Keep in mind that the shortcut to open the Style Palette only works when you are editing a concept map.
Rodrigo Carvajal
dgroos

Post by dgroos »

@rcarvajal

Thanks for your long-term help on getting this cmapserver running great!

David

(I'll open a new post about the styles palette issue).