Get mouse-over to work on the html version

Have new ideas for the next release of IHMC CmapTools and IHMC CmapServer?
We welcome your suggestions and we will carefully consider whether to incorporate them into the software.
prjones

Get mouse-over to work on the html version

Post by prjones »

Most people access my Concept maps using a web browser, via CMapServer. Thus, it would be really useful if the mouse-over feature would work for the html versions. I first requested this 6 years ago, so I would have hoped it would have been transferred to 'known issues' by now :( .

It would also appear to be a very simple software addition. Here's a site that tells you the html code that's required:
http://sites.cognitivescience.co/knowle ... -with-html

I would have thought it would be very easy to implement this in Java.

Many thanks ... (it's a great product).

Phil
prjones

Re: Get mouse-over to work on the html version

Post by prjones »

I also see that you have implemented this feature for cmap cloud, so I hope it would be straightforward to use the same code in cmapserver.

Thanks,

Phil
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Store your Cmaps in the Cmap Cloud using CmapTools, view them in the Cmap Viewer (replacement of the html version) -- the mouse over works.

Where are your Cmaps stored?
prjones

Post by prjones »

Many thanks for the suggestion.

They are on the public cmapserver 3. Unfortunately, the urls are widely publicised and CMap cloud is also blocked by the irewall at work. I do have a version on the work intranet, but this has to use cmapserver to make it possible to view the maps using internet browsers.

Nevertheless, I will copy the internet version over to cmapcloud. But if you can look to update cmapserver to include displaying mouse over text it will make my day!
Last edited by prjones on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prjones

Post by prjones »

I've tried copying some of my maps across to the cmap cloud. Unfortunately, many features of the original maps appear to get lost in the transfer (e.g.nested nodes, use of different font colours within a node) - so it doesn't look like that will provide a way forward.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

You can access the Cmap Cloud from CmapTools --- see the videos in http://cmap.ihmc.us. CmapTools in the Cloud does not yet have all features, but you can access the Cmaps from CmapTools.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

The Cmap Viewer will be periodically updated until it is fully compatible with all CmapTools features (e.g. nested nodes)...
addseo2015

Post by addseo2015 »

but this has to use cmapserver to make it possible to view the maps using internet browsers.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Yes, it does.