Can`t install

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
maaxxxim

Re: Can`t install

Post by maaxxxim »

I already did, it gives me the same problem (installer closes as soon it reaches 100%) I also tried older versions with the same result. :shock:
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Strange. We'll look into it, but we haven't seen this behavior, and there are tens of thousands of installations per month. In particular, its strange that a log file is not being generated by the installer.
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

Ok. Thanks for the help ;)
maaxxxim

Post by maaxxxim »

Greetings!
It was a java related thing . The "Java 8 Update 77" was disabled on my PC, I re-activated it and the Installer worked fine. Now I`m able to use Cmaps again!
Thanks for all the attention :D
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Interesting. The installer has its own Java, so it shouldn't have made a difference. Glad its working.
rpravia

Post by rpravia »

I've tried installing Cmap Tools (both 32- and 64-bit versions) twice and I experienced the same problems described in this thread. My computer runs WIndows 7 (64-bit) and Java version 8 update 91. I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Can you please be more specific on what error you get, how far the installer goes, etc.

You don't need to have Java installed, CmapTools includes its own Java.
rpravia

Post by rpravia »

Hi Admin,

I ran into exactly the same issues maaxxxim did: the installer goes all the way to 100%, then launches what appears to be Cmap Tools' "cover page" (a small, transparent window with the program's logo showing a thin "progress bar") and finally, nothing happens. The "cover page" appears on the screen for about two or three seconds, then it suddenly goes away. I opened the task manager to see whether the process was running in the background and it wasn't. Then I looked for Cmap's files (executable, etc) and there was no trace of anything --and I ran a thorough search of the entire hard drive. Last but not least, I looked for Cmap in the control panel's installed programs section and it wasn't listed.
rpravia

Post by rpravia »

Hi there,

I just stopped by to ask whether there have been any breakthroughs on this issue. Also, if there's no way to fix the bug, I was thinking that installing an older version might just do the trick for me. Would you happen to have any of these available?

Thanks!
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Have you tried both 32 and 64-bit versions?