Cannot create nested node within nested node

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
aNaravi

Cannot create nested node within nested node

Post by aNaravi »

In an earlier version (6.01), I could created a nested node within a nested node. However this is no longer possible with the 6.02 version.
Menu_005.jpg
The "create" option cannot be selected.

This is from a cmap I'd created with the older version (6.01):
Selection_006.jpg
Selection_006.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 9589 times
Has this feature been deliberately disabled?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot create nested node within nested node

Post by cmapadmin »

We made some changes to the nested nodes code for 6.02, to add the 'stack' option. This may have accidentally disabled nesting nested nodes. We'll look into it. Thanks for reporting it. For sure it was not done on purpose.
aNaravi

Post by aNaravi »

I suppose this will be fixed when the next version is released. In the meantime, is there some way I could download and install the previous version (6.01 64-bit Linux)? I can't find any links to previous versions on the website. I googled around but didn't come across the 64-bit Linux version.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Previous versions can be found here:

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/downloadcmaptools/CmapTools/
APyS

Post by APyS »

Version 6.3 still does not retrieve the functionality of nested nodes within a nested node. How long will we have to work with version 6.1?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Sorry, its in the list. We'll bump it up.
vesjolovam

Post by vesjolovam »

For anyone still wondering, there actually is a workaround that works in the latest (as of writing this) 6.04 version. As is stated in the help files*, nesting is also supported by dragging nodes onto the nesting node while holding down the Shift key — and this works despite the corresponding menu option being disabled.

──────────
* Quote from the help files:
(To add existing Cmap items to a nested node, hold shift while dragging the selection of items into the node.)