Can`t install

Having problems with IHMC CmapTools? Think you have found a bug? Let us know!
Forum rules
Before you post a problem or bug, please be sure you have included the version number of IHMC CmapTools, the operating system and version, the amount of RAM, and any other information that allows us to be able to replicate the problem you are having. (i.e. what were you doing when the problem occur? were you running another program (application) by the time you have the problem?)
katerina

Re: Can`t install

Post by katerina »

Hi. I just downloaded Win64cmaptools 6.03. when i click on it, it starts working, preparation for installing goes ok to 100%, and then nothing happens... (i have windows 10, 64bit, and Java 8, update 151). Can you help me with this?
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

Have you tried, since its urgent, deleting the "IHMC CmapTools" directory (uninstalling everything) and installing the 32-bit version?
katerina

Post by katerina »

Well, I think that there is nothing to unistall, since the installation was never complete.... I mean that it starts loading to 100% and then it disappears. The only file I have is the .exe file... no folder is created, also no window comes to ask me where I prefer the program to be installed.
I have tried with Java, uninstalled Java, restarting my computer, disabled my antivirus.. nothing. Now, I am working on it through remote connection with another pc.. I mean that I installed (completely easily) CmapTools on another's pc, and I have my laptop connected with it with a remote connection software.
But still, I would really like to have it also on my computer.
Thank you for your interest.
Looking forward for your help.
katerina

Post by katerina »

And also I tried the 32-bit version...still the same thing.
cmapadmin
Site Admin

Post by cmapadmin »

The CmapTools installer has its own Java, so that shouldn't make a difference

Since it is not even coming up with the dialogue boxes for the installer it may mean that for some reason the installer is not downloading correctly. Try downloading it from here:

ftp://ftp.ihmc.us/downloadcmaptools/CmapTools/